more than my two cents

Friday, February 03, 2006

the whole thing at once

Hi! This is me again, i think. I felt really sick today... it wasn't fun. Oh well.
I think my blog is boring... no one ever comments on it. But OH WELL! life goes on.

I realize that there aren't always things to write about. so today, I'll just ramble.

Here are a few things you may not know about me:

my favorite crayola crayon is called macaroni and cheese.
normally when cute guys look at me I think they're starting at my zits in disgust.
I LOVE to make things with clay. Its one of the things I really feel good about.
I don't try new things because I'm afraid of failure
I am scared of spiders crawling into my mouth when I sleep.
I wish I was in the "in crowd"
I wish I could be friends with everyone
My middle name is Katherine
I am a bowler, and thus, a nerd. Sometimes being a nerd is more fun than being cool.
Red is the color of confidence. But I'm not very confident. hmmm.
I think that it would be very cool to marry Matt Theissien. from Relient K.

and so, here's a song for throught.

"Be My Escape"
I’ve given up on giving up slowly, I’m blending in so
You won’t even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate
This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption because
I know to live you must give your life away

And I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.

I’m giving up on doing this alone now
Cause I’ve failed and I’m ready to be shown how
He’s told me the way and I’m trying to get there
And this life sentence that I’m serving
I admit that I’m every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity
andI’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go,
promise I’m going because

I gotta get outta here
Cause I’m afraid that this complacency is something I can’t shake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.

I am a hostage to my own humanity
Self detained and forced to live in this mess I’ve made
And all I’m asking is for You to do what You can with me
But I can’t ask You to give what You already gave

Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity
and I’ve been locked inside that house all the while you hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because

I’ve gotta get outta here I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I’ve gotta get outta here And I’m begging You, I’m begging You,
I’m begging You to be my escape.

I fought You for so longI should have let You in
Oh how we regret those things we do
And all I was trying to do was save my own skin
But so were You

So were You






1 Comments:

  • Mari-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!Your blog is not boring! I promise! And look--here i am commenting on it! Come see my blog puhleeeeeeeeze? nobody except rachel and juli ever comments on it and i am getting bored with it already. but it is nice to vent about ppl on it. Just so you're not worried, the newest one is not about anyone that is in our little un clique-ey circle.
    hugs from me and I hope you feel better again really soon. Laura.

    By Blogger Reina de las Madrugadas, at Friday, February 03, 2006 7:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home