more than my two cents

Saturday, June 03, 2006

shadows


I used to think I knew a lot of things
but I’m not so sure now
I used to trust most people
but I don’t remember how to trust
the world is a dangerous place
that I find myself in,
There liars are the truth and the truth is a lie

The masks, they keep us from ourselves
They turn the pure man vengeful
No longer look within to find
A heart that isn’t hateful
Just observe the wicked mask
That tears our dreams apart
Our safety is not a right, nor a privilege

Behind closed doors the masks come off
We bear our souls out to the shadows
But shadows are unfeeling
Unmoving, uncaring, and dead.
NO, shadow, you can’t have me!
I refuse to submit to your demands
I want to be me, living out with the free

I can break free of this graven image
My life can once more breathe fresh air
I am not confined to the life
Others choose for me
I will be mine, and mine alone
YOU will not control me, shadow.
Your bitter reign has lost its power

Even now I feel the sun
Streaming in to my dark shadow room
Filling my soul with a new hope and life
And finally…
I can breathe

by: Me

1 Comments:

  • I agree, but be careful. Sometimes, we are so worried about evil that we put on sunglasses and don't see the true light.

    Henri Le Chatlier

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 09, 2006 6:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home