more than my two cents

Monday, March 13, 2006

Today is NOT Doom's day!

So, today was a really AOK sort of day. It's monday the 13th, moe's night, and yes, while I'm sad I didn't get to go, I'm ok about it. YAY for people who got to go! The one thing I liked about today is, I didn't feel any pressure. I didn't feel like I had to perform a certain way to get a certain group to like me, or set my heart on getting some guy's attention. Bad things may have happened today, but I didn't really notice them. This is, by far, my best monday yet.

I was lying in bed last night thinking about all of the people I wanted to be honest with. There are a lot of things which would be good for me to share with some of my friends. I have had certain things I've wanted to say for quite some time now, but where is my courage? Why does it take so much of me to confront my own feelings and fears? It's not like what I have to say is hurtful. I'm going to work on it.

There are so many little joys in every day that I let slip away. The sun rising and setting, the moon in its silvery splendor. Bask with me, if you will, in God's ultimately glorious creation.

The same sun rises
on each new morn
and with it a hope
in my soul is born

as a new day glistens
with new and different hope
a small spark in me wonders
If I will be able to cope

For with each glory
there also comes a fear
of long-feared shadows
soon drawing near

but with the dawn to guide me
I shut the door on pain
and lean on the lessons long learned
and look for ones still left to gain.

Show me the way, Lord
on the road of life
so that I may walk along on it,
without the pain and strife.

luvya'll...
MariE


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home