more than my two cents

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

proverbial ponderings

Proverbial Wisdom, Anyone?

Recently I've been thinking about alot of things, like why I'm friends with someone and what is my life all about anyways? So today I was reading Proverbs 19, and it really confused me. A lot of times I will feel like nothing in the Bible makes sense, and then I'll lose interest in it. But honestly, this book is pretty swell, and I WANT to read it...

so anyways. Proverbs 19. at least five times it says something like this:
19:4- Wealth brings many friends, but a poor man's friends desert him.

so I ask you, what does that mean? I seem to recall many times when the bible mentions that it is better to be wise and poor than rich and foolish, so why is it that the rich man gets all the friends, and the poor one can't seem to keep any? just a silly question, but If i dont ask questions, I tend to lose interest. so humor me with your clever responses.

on a different note, I don't work thursday friday or saturday, and so it would be awesomely fun if someone wants to hang out?

plus, Titus Wilson and Taylor Blythe have a band, Given to Grace, and they have a show on Saturday evening at... 8? so, you should all come out to Fowler, the one-stoplight town, and show your support. lol.

-bye for now!
mari katherine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home